This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Romeo & Juliet

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 Juliette

• PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 27 March 2004 - 03:23 AM

Sophia, have you seen the documentary "Dancer's Dream"? It's very interesting and you can see Manuel Legris as Romeo and Elizabeth Maurin as Juliet (the best Juliet I saw on stage! She will give her POB last performance in this part next season). But Legris/Loudières still remain my favorite couple!
There is also a full-lenght version of Grigorovitch's Romeo and Juliet, with Bessmertnova as Juliet (I don't remember who was playing Romeo), which was broadcast on French channel Mezzo a few months ago.

#17 nysusan

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 28 March 2004 - 02:53 PM

Makarova and McKenzie.  In the actual performance, which was televised live, McKenzie came out in the final act wearing his sweats!!!  In the VCR for public consumption they re-did the ending with McKenzie properly attired.

I must be missing something here - why would McKenzie come out for the last act in sweats?

#18 Mel Johnson

Mel Johnson

Diamonds Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,311 posts

Posted 28 March 2004 - 02:57 PM

Because he forgot to take them off when the orchestra started to play the introduction to that act -- OOPS! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):