This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

"The Dance Card"

I've been doing this all season and it's worked wonderfully, so I thought I would share.

There are a lot of performances I want to see, a lot of performances I have to see, and a lot of people I rarely get to see. I found something that deals with all three problems.

I made an email list of people of people I don't get to see too often, and also people who like dance, but wouldn't go unless they had someone to go with. Without offense to my dance pals, I didn't include all of them because in most cases I knew I'd see them at these performances anyway.

I send this email about once weekly, with a list of what I'm seeing. People write me back saying which performances they're interested in. Importantly, if a performance isn't taken, I do a follow-up email in a few days, writing individually to specific people I think would be interested. Often, people don't get around to things until they get a personal noodge.

The success rate has been wonderful. I've seen more performances and more varied performances because of it, and I've caught up with several people. On top of that, I'm bringing people into the theater.

If you're a regular balletgoer, even if you have a ballet buddy, try this idea. Everyone benefits.

Gosh Leigh, wish I was in NYC! Sounds like a great program. The best I can do is stayin touch with my friends and get comps, but I hate to oversuse comps when I feel that I should pay when I can. Unforunately, my budget doesn't sometime match the ticket prices.

Another funny problem is when a friend asks me to go see them dance, and they tickets are way overpriced for the performance, but you have to go anyway.

Guess it all works out in the end.

Anyone with the same problem in SF, let me know!

-Bryan