john kriza following mention on another thread

9 posts in this topic

this photo is marked: John Kriza "Princess Aurora"

post-11-1078866984.jpg

Speaking of blond dancers...he wasn't.

Thanks for the great photo, rg.

Giannina

The eyebrows give him away, Giannina.

It would be presumptuous of me to make requests, but as a contrast to the wonderful picture above, it would certainly be nice for everyone to see that Jack Mitchell shot of Kriza as Billy the Kid. He's wearing chaps but no shirt, with hands on his hips and -- what can I say, we're talking Stud Muffin City. Even by ballet standards, he was a major cutie. I'm sure his dancing was splendid, too, of course. :D

I only caught him at the very end of his dancing days, recreating the Preacher in "Fall River Legend" to Sallie Wilson's Accused. Now, THERE was charisma!

Err, what does "stud muffin" mean?

Thanks for the explanation, Hans! :)

Well, he doesn't look especially macho on that photograph, but surely good-looking! :wink:

... it would certainly be nice for everyone to see that Jack Mitchell shot of Kriza as Billy the Kid.  He's wearing chaps but no shirt, with hands on his hips -- what can I say, we're talking Stud Muffin City.

I was just reading an old Dance Magazine today that has that pic on the cover! John Kriza was my favourite dancer at ABT when I was a child. He certainly made my heart throb! He was my age (56) when he died in a swimming accident in 1975.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0