This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Batsheva Dance Company at the Kennedy CenterA must-see!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rplaut

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 06:40 AM

If you can possibly make it tonight, run, don't walk, to get tickets for Batsheva at the Eisenhower. Last night's performance was inspirational.

You will see excellent, contemporary modern choreography; extremely strong dancers, any one of whom can hold the audience breathless; works full of comedy, drama, and eccentricities; and great music (although it is often too loud).

One of my favorites was an audience participation piece that is just brilliant.

You can see this great performance for only $19 in the balcony--perfect view.

Don't miss it!

#2 koshka

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 08:56 AM

I saw it last night and thought it was interesting but was left wishing for a whole lot more information in the program. For example, the piece with the 5 men who painted themselves would've been a lot more interesting if I'd known it was about drugs, as I heard while standing in line for the ladies' room at intermission.

The audience participation piece was remarkable.

#3 Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,287 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 07:58 AM

There's a review of this by Lisa Traiger on Danceview Times this week:

Batsheva: Breaking Down Walls

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):