This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Shut up and Dance

Shut Up and Dance is a program that should never be missed, in my opinion. It's been several years since I was there, so I can't tell you when it is (but it should be coming up soon), or where (as I think they have changed venues in the last few years.) But what I can tell you is that it is a performance put on by the dancers which benefits a program called Manna. Manna provides meals to homebound patients of HIV/AIDS. (Anyone have further info on that group?) Anyway, the dancers -- unpaid, and in their free time -- choreograph enough pieces to fill the show, and then dance in eachother's choreography as well. It's a huge labor of love on the part of Pennsylvania Ballet, and the performance is always fascinating. They get a chance to showcase skills that may never be seen during the regular season, and to try their hand at choreographing. It sells out completely every year, so make sure you get tickets early!!!

I had the good fortune of being in the Philadelphia area at the same time as Shut up and Dance......it was a great performance and I am going to make sure I am in town for next years event for sure......The dancing was great, the choreography exciting and new and the after party a blast. If you are around you might want to reserve the date for next year....it is well worth it. :)