This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

POB school penpal?

How about a POB teacher's name? My almost 13yr old dancer is looking for a 13yr old french penpal from POB school. Ideally, if she could address her request to a teacher of her age group maybe it would get passed into the right hands. I am going to be in Paris this weekend so I could bring it into Garnier if I knew the right door. Or hand it to a guard. But I sort of don't want to just post it for her on a bulletin board (with her photo and address)...that makes me nervous.

I am going to take her to Paris with me for her birthday at the end of May and we hope to attend a performance. :wink:

Thanks for any ideas!

Hi Flygirl,

You have to know that the POB school isn't in Garnier but in the suburbs (the name of the town is Nanterre). And is your daughter able to write in French ? I'm afraid that most of the kids can't write in English although they're learning it in school.

The 13 old girls can be in several classes (they call it "divisions) : the fifth, fourth or third divisions. Most of them are in the fourth division. The name of the teacher is Pierrette Mallarte.

I can tell you more if you are interested but that school is really special ! I can suggest you someting but in private so please send me a pm or an e-mail !

Thank you for the correction in location....I had no idea. Thanks for saving me even more public embarrassment!

As to the writing in French, my daughter has already been writing (beginner's french) to a penpal in France that has been writing her back in very basic english. But if someone wrote her back in French it would be fine, too. It'll get her to use her dictionary more! The girls were assigned randomly through school. They don't seem to have any interests in common so the letters are pretty dry. My daughter thought that if she had a pal who was also passionate about ballet that they could write about their performances, roles, draw costumes, exchange embarrassing moment stories, etc!

I don't think I can email or pm you because I am a new member. Shall I publish my email for all to see? I'm not sure how that works.

:mondieu:

Alexandra,I'm sorry to speak about personal things here, but right now I don't see another solution !

Well, Flygirl, I've edited my profile, and if you're able to see it, please send me a mail, you should me able to see my adress. If not, don't worry we'll find something else !