This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

I'm researching my teachers background.

Guest aeangel008

Guest aeangel008

Hi, I would like to know more information on my ballet teacher if any of you know about her. I searched all over the internet and still could find nothing. Her name is Diane Lewis, right now she is currently teaching in Rochester, NY. She stated that she danced opposite Margo Fonteyn in Les Sylphides, she said she danced the part of Mazurka. I'm not sure if this is true, but this is what she told me! Oh yeah, she said something along the lines of being a "touring soloist" ?? Well thanks in advance! <3

in a quick and brief search i have not found this name evident on line. but that doesn't mean much.

my hunch is that perhaps this teacher was dancer in a group that acted as back-up or a local company with which fonteyn toured on a guest circuit and in which your teacher may have danced the mazurka, while fonteyn danced, as was her wont, the prelude and pas de deux of LES SYLPHIDES.

as Mme. Hermine also noted, you should probably express your interest to your teacher about learning more information concerning her stage experiences ,and see what more she can tell you.

Learn all her stories while you still can, don't let the opportunity pass you by. Let her know that your interested, and I'm sure she'd love to tell you her history. See if she has any photos or programs she would be willing to share with you.

The teacher I was looking for (Mr. Eddington) I took from seventeen years ago, and no one who had employed him knew where to find him or could give me an answer with any certainty about where he had danced. I wish I could just have one day to sit down with him and record his stories, let alone tell him thank you for the impact he had on my life.