This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Just soliciting input here. The Bill T. Jones/Arnie Zane Dance Company will be performing in our area in a couple weeks. We feel pretty strongly that taking our budding ballerina to as many dance performances as possible is just as important to her education as any technique class, so, even though it's a school night, we're willing to consider Bill T. because we know they're a biggie.

Does anyone know if the content of Bill T. would be appropriate for a 10-year-old? She's happily made it through the live performances of classical companies, Mark Morris, Baryshnikov, even Bill Evans recently, and sundry other local dance performances.

But I don't want to spend the bucks if it means I'll also be spending the rest of the night explaining that sometimes men and women, or men and men, or women and women, have special, artistically-valid ways of expressing their love for each other.

any and all input welcome!

Chauffeur -

It depends on your tolerance level to make the decision, but I'd say that the usual Bill T. Jones performance will require discussion with your child afterwards. He has done works involving nudity (LOTS of it) and sexuality. You may want to check with the theater about what's being brought.