Sleeping Beauty with Polina Semionova

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jasper

Jasper

• PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 08:48 AM

Polina Semionova will be guesting as Aurora on 6 February, partnered by Roman Lazik (Munich Principal).
I have seen the video "Demo" (wanted to post a link but shame - cannot find it any more) where she dances and have heard she has toured a lot despite of her still very young age - anyone has seen her Aurora before?

Will try to report!

#2 Guest_KathyKesby_*

Guest_KathyKesby_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 19 February 2004 - 07:41 AM

Ive seen her dancing Aurora.
She was wonderful!
She has never ending legs and arms and a wonderful technic. Shes really pretty. Its fun to watch her dancing.
I noticed that your date is allready over, but I never saw this thread before (Im new here)

Kathy

#3 Alexandra

Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,242 posts

Posted 19 February 2004 - 07:47 AM

Welcome to Ballet Alert!, Kathy! Jasper will be glad to have someone to talk to who sees these performances, I think!!! Please feel free to join in current discussions, or raise issues that are a few weeks old if they interest you. You can bring a thread up to the top by simply adding a reply.

We look forward to reading about what you're seeing!

#4 jorgen

jorgen

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 19 February 2004 - 02:20 PM

Here is a link to that video with Polina Semionova (Demo Letzter Tag on the right side):
http://www.nach-mir..../body_demo.html

She is now also in my Ballerina Gallery:
http://www.ballerina...m/semionova.htm

#5 Jasper

Jasper

• PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 20 February 2004 - 08:46 AM

Thanks, jorgen, especially for the link to the Munich photos which I had not seen before!
Polina was indeed a very young, very fresh Aurora, and her personality suits this role ideally.
Sometimes in first act she looked a bit unsure of where to go next (between her variations), but this fits so well into the role of a young excited girl it was more an advantage than a disadvantage. She did not behave like a star at all (something I have noticed with other Aurora casts), and her bright smile seemed to come right from her heart - a friend of mine compared this smile to Julia Roberts!

Roman Lazik was a very attentive partner and a charming prince (and, by the way, danced a memorable Armand in his debut of Neumeier's Lady of the Camellias last night)!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):