This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Marcia Haydee new director of ballet de Santiago

The former principal and director of Stuttgart Ballet, Marcia Haydee, is again director of the Ballet de Santiago Chile.

Marcia will take over responsibility in March 2004. She has already been director of this company from 1992 to 1995.

Marcia Haydee announced, amongst classics like swanlake and nutcracker, a Strawinsky evening with 'Sacre' and 'Firebird' as well as a new Carmen production from Ismael Ivo and herself.

Marcia Haydee completely withdraw from Stuttgart Ballet when Reid Anderson became AD in Stuttgart.

Marcia married a Yoga teacher and lives outside of Stuttgart in a rural area.

She did a project with M. Bejard based on the life of Mother Theresa. Also she did some other, contemporary, dance-projects with Ismael Ivo. The last was based on the life of Callas with the title 'M like Callas'.

These projects took place in smaller theatres in Stuttgart. The Mother Theresa project was also shown in London.

By the way, could you find out something new about R.T.?

Greetings

Of course, I'd momentarily forgotten about Mother Theresa. I had thought she was directing somewhere.

RT is injured, but one of the DanceViewTimes critics spoke to the press rep at the performance last night and learned he was rehearsing, so let's hope we'll see him soon. I've sent you an email.