This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

ebay

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Odette

Odette

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 02:08 PM

I have just discovered ebay!! Going to be tough to explain to my parents that I just 'had' to add to my collection-vital learning tool!! Poor student though and this enforced academia (injury woes) needs some higlights! However I live in the UK-but it is fairly hopeless in terms of especially ballet DVD's on ebay (small country!). I would be playing them on a UK DVD player or computer, do no US DVD's work on these machines. VEry bad at technology!! Also does ebay.com have a currency converter!!
Or does anyone know of any other UK sites for cheap ballet DVDs or videos?
Also what is the deal on putting videos onto DVD-presumeably you need a DVD writer-so will have to wait for the prices to drop but would like to know a bit about the technology. In the end I would aim to put my whole collection on DVDs as I live in fear of my videos breaking or dying on me!!
Thanks

#2 danciegirlmaria

danciegirlmaria

• PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 02 February 2004 - 02:16 PM

Hi there,
I my seld have been on a mission to extend my ballet film collection. Ebay.co.uk is quite good- sometimes BUT I've just discovered the www.play.com has quite cheap ballet dvds egs. Paris Opera Ballet's La Bayadere for 8.99
ABT's Don Q is also only 8.99
and the bast thing is the P&P is FREE!! Just do a search for 'Ballet' in the DVD section!!!

Hope it helps!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):