This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

ebay

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Odette

Odette

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 02:08 PM

I have just discovered ebay!! Going to be tough to explain to my parents that I just 'had' to add to my collection-vital learning tool!! Poor student though and this enforced academia (injury woes) needs some higlights! However I live in the UK-but it is fairly hopeless in terms of especially ballet DVD's on ebay (small country!). I would be playing them on a UK DVD player or computer, do no US DVD's work on these machines. VEry bad at technology!! Also does ebay.com have a currency converter!!
Or does anyone know of any other UK sites for cheap ballet DVDs or videos?
Also what is the deal on putting videos onto DVD-presumeably you need a DVD writer-so will have to wait for the prices to drop but would like to know a bit about the technology. In the end I would aim to put my whole collection on DVDs as I live in fear of my videos breaking or dying on me!!
Thanks

#2 danciegirlmaria

danciegirlmaria

• PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 02 February 2004 - 02:16 PM

Hi there,
I my seld have been on a mission to extend my ballet film collection. Ebay.co.uk is quite good- sometimes BUT I've just discovered the www.play.com has quite cheap ballet dvds egs. Paris Opera Ballet's La Bayadere for 8.99
ABT's Don Q is also only 8.99
and the bast thing is the P&P is FREE!! Just do a search for 'Ballet' in the DVD section!!!

Hope it helps!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):