This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

GISELLE first night on February 4th.

Hi Jasper,

a couple of weeks ago I had the chance to attend a public rehearsal for Giselle.

Alicia Amatriain and Friedemann Vogel rehearsed with Valentina Savina. It was very impressive. Alicia and Friedemann are the youngest principals in Stuttgart and both look quite fragile if you can say this for a man. Both are very good actors too and espc. Friedemann with his elegant moves is a real prince.

So i am quite sure, these two will definitely dance Giselle. I am also quite sure that there will be a B and C cast because many performances are listed on the plan.

Reinhard,

thanks for this information. I saw Alicia and Friedeman last year in Swan Lake and would love to see their Giselle and Albrecht. I have tickets for performances on 7 and 8 Feb, so I hope to catch at least 2 different casts...

Will you go on 4 Feb and/or 5 Feb? Would be very interested in your opinion!

Hallo I got the casts for Giselle.

4.2.04 (Wiederaufnahme): Sue Jin Kang, Jason Reilly

5.2.04 (Dance in Progress - Giselle): Alicia Amatriain, Filip Barankiewicz

7.2.04: Maria Eichwald, Mikhail Kaniskin

8.2.04 (nachmittags): Alicia Amatriain, Filip Barankiewicz

8.2.04 (abends): Sue Jin Kang, Jason Reilly

Hallo, nice to meet you.

I found this talk some days ago, it's a nice place to talk about ballet!

I got the casts for Endstation Sehnsucht, too.

In february: Jiri Jelinek with Bridget Breiner

and the next two performances Maria Eichwald and Jorge Nozal.

The 4th cast for Giselle is:

Nikolay Godunov and Elena Tenschikova, but I don't have the dates until now.

See you soon.

Friederike

Hello Stuttgart,

no, it was definitely Friedemann Vogel. I know him. It was at the 'Tag der offenen Tür' in the opera house when everybody interested could come and see.

Friedemann and Alicia were rehearsing with Mrs. Savina.

It is only on days like this that i have the chance to watch a rehearsal.

Therefore i was really surprised not to find Friedemann on the cast list. Now it's clear why.

I hope, Friedemann is not injured too seriously and will be able to dance again very soon.

Best wishes for you!!!

Hallo,

Friedemann is injured for another half year! He has a hairline crack ( Haarriss) in his one leg.

It started last year in January during Schwanensee, but in summer he thought that his leg is ok, and so he started training again. He did some performances during the summer break and one or two performances in Schwanensee, but it broke again and now he has to wait until it is really ok! Otherwise his career is in danger!

Sorry, to give you that bad information.

Anne

Hello Anne,

oh god, this are really bad news.

Do you have closer connections to dancers because you know so exactly what happened to him?

Friedemann is still so very young and i am sure his body is able to recover when he allows it to rest. I remember he has been injured last year for a very long time as well. So, hopefully his career is not in danger.

By the way, are Friedericke and Anne two different people?

Greetings Reinhard

Hallo,

no it is my frist and my second name. So let's go back to Friederike, or Rike.

I have done a practical at the company 2 years ago ( there are still some connections) and I'm a member of the John-Cranko-Society. There I got the information.

I'm looking forward to the last performance of Lulu this evening, I heard the second cast will dance.

Greetings!

Rike

There is an interview with Sue Jin Kang in a Stuttgart newspaper from today.

Sue Jin says that she is looking forward dancing the Anderson/Savina-Version of Giselle for the first time. She was injured when it first was on stage a couple of years ago.

She says how much she loves acting roles and that it is always important for her to know the reason why she is smiling on stage...

She looks at Giselle as a big challenge espc. in act II when she is only a spirit being.

Sue Jin Kang will dance the first night on February 4th with Jason Reilly as Albrecht.

...did not know Sue Jin Kang had not danced this version of Giselle before! (And I haven't seen it before.)

On Stuttgart Ballet website today I found that suddenly Alicia Amatriain has dissappeared from the cast list...??? I hope this is just a typo, nothing serious? Now Maria Eichwald is listed for both, Saturday evening plus Sunday matinee - isn't this a bit too much??

Hey,

Greetings to all other "Stuttgarter"!

Does anybody know the cast for the next Giselles?

They seem to be top secret, as they're not on the homepage.

I saw Maria Eichwald as Giselle as I visited the workshop. I really liked her.

But I also want to see another cast.

Hi, this is the Giselle cast for March

6. März 2004

Giselle: Maria Eichwald

Herzog Albrecht: Mikhail Kaniskin

Hilarion: Ibrahim Önal

Myrtha, Königin der Wilis: Roberta Fernandes

11. März 2004

Giselle: Elena Tentschikowa

Herzog Albrecht: Nicolay Godunov

Hilarion: Douglas Lee

Myrtha, Königin der Wilis: Roberta Fernandes