16 replies to this topic

#16 Marc Haegeman

Marc Haegeman

Platinum Circle

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 04 February 2004 - 09:21 AM

Olga Volobueva is a name that comes to mind indeed. She is a Vaganova-trained former Kirov soloist, but is hardly ever seen in anything substantial. A few seasons ago we had talented artists like Irina Zavialova (another Vaganova graduate and in my opinion one of the finest soloists the Kirov had in the early 1990's) and Xiomara Reyes, but nothing was done with them, and not surprisingly they left as soon as a better offer came along. (Zavialova is now a principal with Peter Schaufuss' company, Reyes is a principal with ABT.) And there was another soloist whom I felt was neglected, Nadia Dimitrova, who sadly died last year.

Viviane, they did Giselle again in 1999 or so. And guess who was dancing the lead? :)

#17 Viviane

Viviane

• PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 04 February 2004 - 09:36 AM

Indeed Marc, the case of Nadia Dimitrova was very sad.
Oh dear ! Did they really performed 'Giselle' again in 1999 ?
It's possible, I skipped them a while from my agenda !

Now that I think about it, there was another AD in Antwerp, who's wife was the principal : Valery Panov and his wife Galina ! But that was another story :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):