This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Dance programs on cable

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,316 posts

Posted 05 January 2004 - 12:41 PM

Recently I saw Matthew Bourne's Nutcracker on Trio, and the Ovation channel broadcast three British shows from a few years ago -- a tribute to Markova on the occasion of her 90th birthday, an interview with Fokine's granddaughter, and MacMillan's The Judas Tree, with Mukhamedov and Leanne Benjamin.

I knew little about The Judas Tree before seeing it, except that it was by MacMillan. When I saw how Benjamin was dressed and all the men, I braced myself for an all out MacMillan gangbang. Wasn't far wrong. Interesting viewing in conjunction with the Markova interview; I could imagine Dame Alicia saying to herself, "Well, thank goodness Pat and I never had to do THAT." :D Times have changed.

#2 perky

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 01:21 PM

Thanks for the laugh dirac :D
All out MacMillan gangbang pretty much describes another ballet of his that I dislike, Triad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):