This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Pagodas & Gardee

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Giannina

Giannina

Gold Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 27 December 2003 - 03:16 PM

I want to know if there's a place where I can order the DVD or VHS tape of

Royal Ballet's "Prince of the Pagodas"

Royal Ballet's "La fille Mal Gardee"

both playable in the United States. Tried Amazon. Tried viamusic.com.

Thanks
Giannina

#2 perky

perky

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 28 December 2003 - 05:11 AM

Found The Prince of the Pagodas, Royal Ballet, 1992 starring Darcey Bussell and Jonathon Cope at www.half.ebay.com.
Unfortunately it has a high price tag of 59.95. I believe because it is out of print. It also includes a documentary about Kenneth McMillan.

Susan

#3 Andre Yew

Andre Yew

• PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 28 December 2003 - 09:35 AM

Giannina,

For Pagodas, try Japan, which is where I got my NTSC copy a couple of years ago:

http://www.hmv.co.jp....asp?sku=548753

You may need to click on an "English" link to get a mostly English page, otherwise, just go to the main home page, and look in the lower left hand corner for the English link --- it's a little hard to see as white text against a pink bar background. I've found HMV Japan to be reliable and fast on shipping, though naturally expensive on shipping costs. Amazon Japan may also carry it.

For La Fille, I ordered the PAL, region 2 DVD from Amazon.co.uk, and have a multi-region player and a video converter to watch it. There's an old NTSC VHS tape floating around that you can sometimes find on Ebay, and other similar places.

BTW, I love the music of Pagodas, and have heard it as a concert suite live once, and wonder why more people don't use this wonderful music, instead of Carmina Burana, Pachabel's Canon, etc.

--Andre

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):