This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

What will you remember from 2003?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 corrival

corrival

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 January 2004 - 06:50 AM

Susan: My best ballet experience of 2003 (and in fact of all time) was with my husband too! This was seeing the rehearsal of "Mesmerics" by George Piper Dances at a Sadlers Wells rehearsal studio in London. Just my husband, me and a friend sitting in the corner watching the five dancers work with Christopher Wheeldon for 3 hours. About 1/2 way through my friend had to leave, she had to go to an interview with Matthew Bourne. I asked my husband if he wanted to leave also, thinking he would be completely "done" But he said no, wanted to stay to the end. He usually hates ballet.

#17 fandeballet

fandeballet

• PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 11 January 2004 - 08:37 PM

:yes: What will I remember fr. 2003?!!!!!!?
1. A great performance of "Fancy Free" with Carreno, Cornejo, and Radevsky.
The whole cast was just totally into their characters. :yes:
2. Kudos to a performance of "Fancy Free", at the State Theater, by the Dance
Theatre of Harlem. Thanks to both casts and companies for giving this work new life!!!!!!!!! :yes: :
3. Carlos Acosta at the APEX of his Cabriole in his 2nd Coda in Raymonda, at City
Center. What elevation, balon and form!!!!!!!!!! : :D :
4. Herman Cornejo in just about anything I saw. Esp. in Ashton's Dream and La Fille Mal Gardee. :yes:
5. La Fille Mal Gardee: With Nina Aniashvilli and Maxim Beleterkowski.
:yes: :
6. Alina Coceacu in Bayadere with Corella. A great match. Alina is soooooo tiny..
but sooooo strong. She has the least displacement in her hips during arabeques, &
"high leg lifts to the sides", I have seen in years. Amazing. ( sorry about spelling &
terminology) :yes:

#18 Guest_Dick_*

Guest_Dick_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 21 January 2004 - 01:24 AM

My 2003 highlight: Multiplicité by Nacho Duato. Kept us (my wife and I) on the edge of our seat. Beautyfull.

Dick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):