This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

What will you remember from 2003?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 corrival

corrival

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 January 2004 - 06:50 AM

Susan: My best ballet experience of 2003 (and in fact of all time) was with my husband too! This was seeing the rehearsal of "Mesmerics" by George Piper Dances at a Sadlers Wells rehearsal studio in London. Just my husband, me and a friend sitting in the corner watching the five dancers work with Christopher Wheeldon for 3 hours. About 1/2 way through my friend had to leave, she had to go to an interview with Matthew Bourne. I asked my husband if he wanted to leave also, thinking he would be completely "done" But he said no, wanted to stay to the end. He usually hates ballet.

#17 fandeballet

fandeballet

• PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 11 January 2004 - 08:37 PM

:yes: What will I remember fr. 2003?!!!!!!?
1. A great performance of "Fancy Free" with Carreno, Cornejo, and Radevsky.
The whole cast was just totally into their characters. :yes:
2. Kudos to a performance of "Fancy Free", at the State Theater, by the Dance
Theatre of Harlem. Thanks to both casts and companies for giving this work new life!!!!!!!!! :yes: :
3. Carlos Acosta at the APEX of his Cabriole in his 2nd Coda in Raymonda, at City
Center. What elevation, balon and form!!!!!!!!!! : :D :
4. Herman Cornejo in just about anything I saw. Esp. in Ashton's Dream and La Fille Mal Gardee. :yes:
5. La Fille Mal Gardee: With Nina Aniashvilli and Maxim Beleterkowski.
:yes: :
6. Alina Coceacu in Bayadere with Corella. A great match. Alina is soooooo tiny..
but sooooo strong. She has the least displacement in her hips during arabeques, &
"high leg lifts to the sides", I have seen in years. Amazing. ( sorry about spelling &
terminology) :yes:

#18 Guest_Dick_*

Guest_Dick_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 21 January 2004 - 01:24 AM

My 2003 highlight: Multiplicité by Nacho Duato. Kept us (my wife and I) on the edge of our seat. Beautyfull.

Dick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):