This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Anna Pavlova - a woman for all times

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 Nadezhda

Nadezhda

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 January 2000 - 01:46 PM

I've discovered two OK sites about Anna Pavlova and if you'd like to see their adresses just let me know. (You can do it by e-mail too: nkogoj@yahoo.com ).

So, I just wanted to drop this note, because i started the topic in search of Anna Pavlova's sites.

In the begfinning of the new Year I wish you all the very best and just go for it with the positive attitude and you'll make it!

Luv, Nadezhda.

#17 Alexandra

Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,275 posts

Posted 01 January 2000 - 02:11 PM

Nadezhda, if you'd like to post the URLs to those sites, that would be fine. There may be other people here who would be interested in seeing them (including me).

Just in general, if anyone ever finds a ballet site that you think would be of general interest, please feel free to post it. Since the whole point of Ballet Alert! is to spread the news about ballet, this would be welcomed.

Alexandra

#18 janerobins

janerobins

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 January 2000 - 07:28 PM

Yeah Manhattnik, there is a Pavolova dessert here in Australia, and probably named after her. For interest, there is also a Melba sandwich, named after the diva herself. (l am not really an opera fan.) I suppose any favoirte artists had a lasting impression by the creation of these culinary delights.

#19 Ed Waffle

Ed Waffle

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 01 January 2000 - 09:01 PM

Wandering away from the original topic and picking up on the food thread--

Opera divas still have food named after them, which seems to be a natural in some cases. Renee Fleming, whose luminous performance as the Countess in "The Marriage of Figaro" was just broadcast is mentioned in the current issue of "The New Yorker."

There is an great photograph of Ms. Fleming (who is a knockout) smiling broadly. According to the text that accompnies the photograph:

New York chef Daniel Boulud has unveiled a new dessert that he calls La Diva Renee: a melange of chocolate, hazelnuts, and amaretto cookies in a sauce of clementines, the dish has a chocolate top printed with music from 'Der Rosenkavalier'.

Sounds delicious.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):