This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Bolshoi in the US

Mikhail

An interview by Maya Krylova (Nezavisimaya gazeta) with Mr. Anatoly Iksanov will be published tomorrow (http://www.ng.ru/culture/2003-12-25/6_iksanov.html). Besides the tours to Paris and London there will be a tour to the US in the fall 2004 organized by ICM company. They ask to bring Swan Lake by Grigorovitch, The Bright Stream by Ratmansky and Romeo & Juliet by Poklitaru. I wonder why Americans do not want to watch Pharaoh’s Daughter?

Here is the schedule of the Fall 2004 Tour of the Bolshoi Ballet (courtesy of the Bolshoi press office):

Boston, Wang Center:

Oct 6, 7 - Raymonda

Oct 8, 9, 10 - Don Quixote

Mexico City, Auditorio Nacional:

Oct 14, 15, 16 (+matinee) - Giselle (Vasiliev)

Oct 17, 18, 19 - Raymonda

Minneapolis, Northrop Auditorium:

Oct 22 - Romeo and Juliet

Oct 23, 24 - Don Quixote

Seattle, Paramount Theatre:

Oct 27, 28 - Romeo and Juliet

Oct 29, 30 (+matinee), 31 - Don Quixote

Berkeley, Zellerbach Auditorium:

Nov 3, 4 - Romeo and Juliet

Nov 5, 6 (+matinee), 7 - Raymonda

Chicago, Auditorium Theatre:

Nov 10, 11 - Don Quixote

Nov 12, 13 (+matinee), 14 - Raymonda

The Chicago performances don't seem to be finalised yet, as there is a chance Chicago might get Romeo and Juliet on Nov 12 and 13. More details nearer to the time.

I wonder why Americans do not want to watch Pharaoh’s Daughter?

Who says we don't want to see it? I certainly do.

But, they are skipping the entire east coast of the US, so.....

I am surprised about the Kennedy Center, however....

An interview by Maya Krylova (Nezavisimaya gazeta) with Mr. Anatoly Iksanov will be published tomorrow (http://www.ng.ru/culture/2003-12-25/6_iksanov.html). Besides the tours to Paris and London there will be a tour to the US in the fall 2004 organized by ICM company. They ask to bring Swan Lake by Grigorovitch, The Bright Stream by Ratmansky and Romeo & Juliet by Poklitaru. I wonder why Americans do not want to watch Pharaoh’s Daughter?

Mikhail wrote:

"I wonder why Americans do not want to watch Pharaoh’s Daughter?"

- Mikhail, you are joking! I wouldn't mind seeing it again. But I can tell you this much - I don't know of a single ballet goer who graves to see the latest and greatest R&J :-(