4 replies to this topic

#1 Alexandra

Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,246 posts

Posted 17 December 2003 - 05:56 AM

With many thanks to the New York Public Library (and Mindy Aloff), we have the complete catalogue of its current Balanchine exhibit on DanceView Times:

Balanchine at the New York Public Library

If anyone has a chance to go see this, please tell us what you especially liked (or didn't).

#2 Alexandra

Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,246 posts

Posted 22 March 2004 - 03:03 PM

I'm bumping this up: if you haven't yet gone, this exhibit runs only through April 24th.

Has anyone seen it? Comments welcome! (Click the link in the post above to see the very long catalogue.)

#3 liebs

liebs

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 22 March 2004 - 03:14 PM

It is certainly worth seeing. I've gone several times. But there is not alot in the show that I had not seen before. I was hoping for more unusual stuff - the SAB section was fun.

If you are in NYC don't miss it.

#4 Juliet

Juliet

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 22 March 2004 - 06:48 PM

I've also gone several times and while I didn't see much new, I did enjoy it very, very much. Professionally, I am always interested in exhibits and how well they are mounted; this is certainly one which should be visited and revisited by anyone who can possibly make it to NYC. As liebs said, don't wait until the spring season--it closes at the end of April. The Nijinsky exhibit last year was very good, and this is even better.

#5 Leigh Witchel

Leigh Witchel

Editorial Advisor

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 22 March 2004 - 08:27 PM

I'm going to put a quick plug in here for the Balanchine exhibition on the other coast at the San Francisco Performing Arts Library and Museum. Their website is at www.sfpalm.org and I submitted a brief report on it to Dance View Times this week. New Yorkers, they've got some treasures out there. It runs through June 19.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):