This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Asian Art Museum, SF

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BryanM

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 December 2003 - 01:00 AM

Recently I attended the new Asian Art Museum in San Francisco, with an exhibit highluighting Korean artistic traditions. The museum incoroprated several installations, with a young Korean Monk creating a sand sculpture in the middle of the exhibit, and ink and stamp images being created for visitors nearby. These additions made the experience very engaging. Check it out!

I love the way that these museums understand they experience of the visitor as theatre... with an emphasis on the flow of experience.

#2 dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,038 posts

Posted 17 December 2003 - 06:21 PM

Thank you for posting this. I love the Asian Art Museum. When I lived in the city, it was still in the park. I miss that location, although I understand the reasons behind the move and the new facility is better. Welcome to the board, by the way!

#3 LMCtech

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 18 December 2003 - 09:59 PM

I haven't been yet. I've asked for a membership for Xmas so maybe I'll be going a lot. I work near there so I could go on my lunch hour.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):