This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Aurelie Dupont

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#46 miliosr

miliosr

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 03:10 PM

I love that photo of Dupont beaming.  Usually, she has such a severe look on her face.

The younger Belingard son is transfixed by something!

#47 volcanohunter

volcanohunter

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,633 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 11:57 AM

Dupont's last Manon was beamed into cinemas in France and a smattering of other countries. It's scheduled for television broadcast on May 30, though we'll have to see whether or not the Culturebox stream will be geo-blocked.

http://culturebox.fr...-garnier-218695

The Manon stream is geo-blocked, although my VPN service is able to circumvent it. A novelty of the stream is that Culturebox is offering a split-screen option, with the filmed performance on the left, and real-time backstage shots on the right. For now I'm sticking to the audience view, but afterward I may give the backstage version a whirl, all two hours and seven minutes of it.

#48 ballet_n00b

ballet_n00b

• PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 06:51 PM

It's not working in France. I will have to try to find a way around it.

edit:

ok now it seems to be working.

#49 bingham

bingham

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 07:46 PM

Surprisingly, i was able to watch the whole performance in Culturebox website. Aurelie Dupont was wonderful.

#50 volcanohunter

volcanohunter

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,633 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 08:48 PM

Surprisingly, i was able to watch the whole performance in Culturebox website.

Thanks for that bit of info. Obviously anyone interested in watching should try to access the stream for themselves to see what happens. 

#51 volcanohunter

volcanohunter

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,633 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 10:06 PM

For me the stars of the show were the demi-soloists and corps. Their dancing, apart from Axel Ibot's synchronization problems in the brothel trio, was fabulous. I was also favorably impressed by Benjamin Pech as Monsieur G.M. and by Stéphane Bullion as Lescaut in the second act. However I can't say I was especially moved at any point, which was the fault of the ballet, not the dancers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):