This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Aurelie Dupont

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#31 Nanarina

Nanarina

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:12 AM

Does anyone know what Aurelie is dancing in for the 2014/15  season,   Manon is very late way past January when it is her birthday In which she stated she would make her final performance,  after Le Parc earlier, she did say she would not have much to do, Maybe  Anatomies de la Sensation, Wayne Mc Gregor,  and working with Benjamin Millipede  new ballet.   With the POB  hopeless casting release  procedure it is very difficult to arrange every thing so late.  Thank you for any information.

#32 kbarber

kbarber

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 11:46 AM

The new Daphnis and Chloe by Benjamin Millepied is being created on her.

#33 cinnamonswirl

cinnamonswirl

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:55 PM

Does anyone know what Aurelie is dancing in for the 2014/15  season,   Manon is very late way past January when it is her birthday In which she stated she would make her final performance,  after Le Parc earlier, she did say she would not have much to do, Maybe  Anatomies de la Sensation, Wayne Mc Gregor,  and working with Benjamin Millipede  new ballet.   With the POB  hopeless casting release  procedure it is very difficult to arrange every thing so late.  Thank you for any information.

On the French forums they are still saying she will retire with Manon. I think Lefevre even stated that during the presentation of the new season.

I wonder if perhaps Manon was originally penciled in for earlier in the season, and was then pushed back for some reason?

#34 pherank

pherank

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 12:01 PM

All politics aside, congratulations to Aurelie Dupont on her promotion to Ballet Mistress at POB. Bon courage!

#35 Cygnet

Cygnet

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 12:14 PM

This is wonderful news!  Brava Aurelie!yahoo.gif flowers.gif

#36 Nanarina

Nanarina

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:24 AM

I did try to go to see Robbins/Ratmansky  but the distribution only appeared on the 18th as the run opened on the 19th !!!!   Which meant there was no chance for getting onto Eurostar.  Actually in the end it was for the best as Aurelie only danced for a very short time in the end of Daces at the gathering..  It was hardly worth her being in the theatre for.  I did actually get to see the performance that was broadcast on my computer,  I wonder if Aurelie is okay as she has withdrawn recently from distributions, I wondered if she was injured again. I cannot help thinking if she will manage to perform a full evening with Manon in 2015.

#37 volcanohunter

volcanohunter

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:18 AM

It is a little peculiar that Dupont is not appearing in Ratmansky's Psyche given that she danced in the premiere three years ago. But none of the original pairs is appearing in the revival. Osta has retired, Gilbert has recently given birth, Dupont and Ganio are occupied in Dances, Bullion was preparing for (his first?) Quasimodo, and Pech, presumably, is unavailable.

#38 Nanarina

Nanarina

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:36 PM

Aurelie did say she was giving the younger dancers a chance now, referring to Sleeping Beauty, as she did not feel she could give a acceptable standard of performance now, and that was not fair to an audience. I can see her point that it is in fact a mammoth task and must be very stressful. When you think of how Margot Fonteyn had to carry on to pay her husbands medical bills, it makes you realise the sacrifice that is made by stars without the security that POB enjoys.

#39 volcanohunter

volcanohunter

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 05:39 PM

Aurelie did say she was giving the younger dancers a chance now

Well, I don't think that's quite what happened in the case of Psyche. Most of the performances went to Laëtitia Pujol, who is in her late 30s. The two performances scheduled for Diana Vishneva most certainly do not constitute an opportunity for other POB dancers, whatever their age. But I am happy for Charline Giezendanner, who has been dancing with the company for about a dozen years and hasn't had as many chances to dance leading roles as she deserves.

#40 Nanarina

Nanarina

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:39 PM

I certainly think you have a point there, it kind of maybe? suggests the point of injury, as the distributions were so very late in coming out, (the day before the run started). It seems strange to tag a guest artist on right at the end for such a small number of performances. Is the POB getting short of Etoile's to be able to maintain their own personnel'   Or just is it due to the changeover of Artistic Director?

#41 silvermash

silvermash

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 12:11 AM

Well this ballet is so poor that you can't blame the dancers who have the choice to avoid dancing in it!

#42 Nanarina

Nanarina

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 04:40 PM

It looks as if the date for Aurelie's final performance in Manon is on the 18th May 2015, the ticket price is higher for this date as well can anyone confirm this (subject to change). I think booking opens in November

2014 so I rally want to go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):