Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,246 posts

Posted 25 November 2003 - 05:43 AM

In today's Guardian:

Buyout saves music publisher Boosey's independence

Music publishers Boosey and Hawkes, home to the estates of Stravinsky, Britten, Strauss, Prokofiev and Rachmaninov, is to be bought by the venture capitalists HgCapital - meaning it will remain independent, at least for now.
Boosey's independence secures the futures of the living composers on its books, who include James MacMillan, Mark-Anthony Turnage, John Adams and Harrison Birtwistle. MacMillan said yesterday: "It seems to be a very good move - an indication of security. There's a sense of great relief among composers that I have spoken to - not just Boosey composers - about what has happened."

#2 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • 25,045 posts

Posted 02 December 2003 - 07:06 PM

I am disposed to agree with the "publishing insider" quoted in the last paragraph. Good news -- for now. And I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the next Britten.

#3 Mel Johnson

Mel Johnson

Diamonds Circle

• Moderators
  • 5,311 posts

Posted 03 December 2003 - 02:39 AM

This follows the sale of the musical instruments section of the company, which happened a few years ago. Now where am I going to get a subcontrabass tuba when I need one?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):