This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Help!

We land in NY for 3 nights on 17th December and would love to catch a performance of the Nut. But the website indicates that it's a bit of a lottery on getting tickets so I would like some advice on the best way to get some! We are on a budget so would be looking at Fourth Ring, although we might be able to stretch to Third if the exchange rate keeps going in the right direction!!

Thanks in advance!

Tracey

Hi!

Definately buy tickets sooner rather than later. The third ring is not very big, so tickets there are likely to go quickly. Fourth ring seats are not bad, but I second the advice on the binoculars.

Also, when you order online, it sometimes works to make requests in the suggestions box on the form. In the past I've asked that I be placed farther towards the center, even if it means being a few rows farther back and had my request filled. But, just about any seat in the 4th ring has a good view, if from a distance!

Oh, the ticket availability page is not always very accurate. If it indicates that tickets are sold-out you won't be able to buy them online, but you can often get tickets at the box office. Also, there's a glitch in the system so that the 4th ring L-O seats are always indicated as "limited availability" unless they are totally sold out.

I seem to remember someone posting that they got a good deal on Nutcracker tickets at Playbill.com (??), but that may have been for very late season tickets that the company was having a harder time selling.

Kate