Picking Nutcracker Tickets(looking for advice)

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 Amy Reusch

Amy Reusch

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 19 November 2003 - 10:53 PM

I'm afraid I didn't get the Boston Ballet in-house box office advice until too late... I'd gone to the library and used their high speed modems to crawl through telecharge's multiple screens and charge my card up a small fortune for tickets. Do you think the in-house had any different tickets to offer than what Telecharge had? I gave up trying for a particular night and tried for any kind of good visibility seat prior to 12/24. Found one in row B the Mezzanine finally... unfortunately off to the side, but I figure the closer, the better. Really, the show is very very well sold if the Telecharge site is any indication. I'm going on a Thursday, I hope the cast is enthusiastic.

By the way, I do find the seating chart confusing... I went and looked at the Wang's own site and took the 360 degree tour of the theater to figure it out... but... the Mezzanine seems to be the first 4 rows of what I would consider the first balcony, right? And the Dress Circle boxes, although below the balcony are further back than it? So if one tries for the 1st row of the balcony (forget it, not available on Telecharge), one is already sitting behind the rows of the Mezzanine, right?

And regarding Ballet Bug's location, you are probably right considering the author is listed on the flap as living in Brookline. The illustrator thanked a dance studio in Eastchester, NY (not too far from New Rochelle, I understand how I got mixed up).

I hope the "boy" polichinelles still do cartwheels and catch the girls! They went over this bit in great detail in the book.

#17 SusanB

SusanB

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 06:43 AM

Amy,

In my experience the in house Box Office seemed to have more selection. They have a seating chart, are very helpful and make recommendations. Plus you don't pay a surcharge for tickets that you pay through an agency.

#18 bbfan

bbfan

• PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 07:06 AM

Row B in the mezzanine should be just fine. You will be closer to the stage than in the dress circle and many of the orchestra seats. (I forget which row the balcony overhangs in the orchestra.) You are right that the first row of the balcony is row E behind the mezzanine (which might have been called first balcony prior to theater renovation years ago). We used to have season tickets up there (row A and also row B) and liked it very much. Even if you are to the side the stage is quite large and there is lots going on all over. You should have a wonderful time!

#19 jbtlse

jbtlse

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 01:55 PM

The polichinelle dance has changed a bit over the past few years--the most recent rechoreograph is by company member Gianni Di Marco--he often plays Mother Ginger and has a great relationship with the kids. Don't expect it to be just the same, but it's very sweet and shows a lot of personality.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):