This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Ballet Theater of Maryland

Not sure if I am posting this in the appropriate forum...feel free to move it!!!

I am just doing a little research on smaller companies and I came across the Ballet Theater of Maryland. I know a lot of people here are from the Washington DC area so I was wondering if any of you knew anything about this company? Any info would be great!!!

Hi, Kiki! There are some people here who know this company well, but until they come in, I can say that it's located iin Annapolis, or was last year when I saw a program, and is a small company. It lost its long-time artistic director last year. I think a new one has just been appointed, Diana Cuatto, but I can't give further details.

Here's a link to the company's web siteBallet Theater of Maryland

When I was in college about 5 years ago I took classes (with the 12 year olds :( ) at the school of Annapolis Ballet Theater (as my mind persists in remembering it). The only performance I ever saw was Mr Stewart's Dracula, and I don't really remember the show. I remember my two teacher's first names (with Ms attatched).

Mostly I remember what an excellent grounding I got there (as subsequent teachers have confirmed) and how much care they took over an oversized beginner with no ballet prospects. I have nothing but good memories attatched to the name.

Probably not what you're looking for, but it's what I got! :)

I saw BTM for the first time recently. It is a very, very tiny company that performs in a converted middle school. Not the greatest dancers in the world, but there are some talented people, I am happy to support just about any ballet company in Maryland--we don't have enough!