This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Martins Balanchine program

Effy

I love La Sonambule and I think Mads Blangstrup would be great in the part. Itwas last seen with Yuri possokov and Lloyd Riggins with Lis Jeppesen, Mette-Ida Kirk and Silja Schandorff.

A HC Andersen ballet version of the little mermaid is said to be part of the HC Andersen festival in 2005 as well as an Austrialian guest production of The Wild Swans (Bruce Marks or ????)

Frank Andeersen commissioned a score and ballet by Heinz Sporli to The Mud Kings Daugher (Dyndkongens Datter), but the poduction never reach the stage 8a huge scandal) instead we got Onegin. I hope we can get something else than The Little Mermaid. HCAndersen do not really suit the ballet format (to little boy and girl contact to last an evening)

Just wanted to state for the record of cyberspace that Cuni and Cavallo were each stunning in their roles last night (PC2 and Serenade). Was also very impressed with Boejsen and her ability to avoid the ever-so-open arabesque normally associated with B's ballets.

No RDB is back in business after Nutcracker and US-tour. At last nights Balanchine & Martins programmed it was clear that the tour had had some casualties, because several dancers had to do double duty. On the other hand dancers who had been injured are now back. Kenneth Greve danced Piono concerto with Gudrun Bojesen, a bit tentative but otherwise fine and she is very good in this ballet, which I cannot rank as the best Balanchine I have seen. it is like everything is good is done even better in Serenade, so the decisition to use them both in one programme is not 100% good. In Serenade, which was danced by a combined team from the two casts plus Andrew Bowman in the final scene, Diana Cuni really did a marvelous performance as the Russian girl. She has mostly danced demicaracter and modern roles. she is a tiny, bouncy dancer like Heii Ryom, and maybe sje is just on the brink to a late bloom like Heidi Ryom, who was pushing 27 before she was promoted principal. Gitte Lindström and Marie Pierre Greve were both good without being outstanding. In Oktot Thomas Lund finally had his debut in the ballet created on him. He was good, naturally a very professional delivery of a not to interesting work. In the central Pas De Deux Gitte Lindstrøm and Bowman was good, but neither has the gifts of say Silja Schandorff and Mads Blangstrup to impress even in a mediocre work. Silja is somehow a parallel phenonomen to actors, who are claimed to could be reading out of the phone book and it would still be interesting. The corps looked fine, save the odd placing of dancers out oof shape on the front line and fit elegant partners like Kristoffer Sakurai on the back. This has always been a special feature of the RDB. They cannot dress a corps to the best advantages. They never could - and why should I expect different on a cold wednesday night in February