This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Zhong-Jing Fang

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Petite_Arabesque

Petite_Arabesque

• PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 07 November 2003 - 07:07 PM

After ABT and seeing this gorgeous dancer, I was just wondering if anyone had info on where she trained etc., since the ABT website bio doesn't say much :wacko:

~*~Carmen~*~

#2 bingham

bingham

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 07 November 2003 - 07:26 PM

She trained in Shanghai Ballet School.Yuriko Kajiya,an ABT corp member,also trained there.
Zhong Jing won several gold medals in the Lausanne,Paris, Helsinki and Shanghai ballet competitions.
Joe

#3 Petite_Arabesque

Petite_Arabesque

• PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 07 November 2003 - 08:52 PM

Thanks!

~*~Carmen~*~

#4 Alexandra

Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,279 posts

Posted 08 November 2003 - 09:31 AM

We have a new photo of Ms. Fang up on DanceView Times. There are now two, a head shot, which appears in the text, and then a dancing shot, which, since it's not from Synphonic Variations, the ballet reviewed in the article, appears at the bottom.

McKerrow's Powerful Hagar, and an Extraordinary Debut

#5 bingham

bingham

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 08 November 2003 - 04:20 PM

I'm not sure if it is still in the Prix De Lausanne webpage but there was a webcast of the 1990(?) finals which already showed her talent.She danced the dream solo of Raymonda.
Unfortunately, one has to watched most of the webcast to find her solo. She and Yuriko Kajiya were among that years winner.
Joe

#6 bingham

bingham

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 09 November 2003 - 07:04 AM

The Prix de Lausanne webcast where Ms.Fang danced was in the year 2000 and not 1990 as i had previously posted. Sorry for the mistake.
Joe

#7 bertrande

bertrande

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 November 2003 - 05:09 AM

Hmm..I went to the website but in 2000, Fang is not listed as a winner- was she ever one? Yuriko Kajiya's name appears on the winners' list but not Fang.

#8 bingham

bingham

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 10 November 2003 - 06:02 AM

Ms.Fang(along w/ another Chinese dancer) were among the winners that year and were listed in that years winners list.However, both names were gone the following year.There were no reasons mentioned. At the end of the webcast, they were among the prize winners(along w/ Y Kajiya). I have always wondered why.Anybody knows? Jeannie?
Joe

#9 bingham

bingham

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 06:52 PM

In the Met website,Zhong Jing is cast along w/ S Abrera and Y Kajiya in Les Sylphides on June 17.That's something to look forward to.
Joe :clapping:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):