This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 glebb

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 04 November 2003 - 07:29 PM

Has anyone seen KAMMER/KAMMER by William Forsythe?

Any information is appreciated but I would like to know specifically upon whom the rock star is based.

#2 Kate B

Kate B

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 05 November 2003 - 12:40 AM

I saw Kammer/Kammer last Saturday night, as a matter of fact. It was fabulous - nothing like anything I've ever seen before. There's a pretty good review of it here (good meaning I agree with it)

and also:

I don't know about the rock star - maybe there's more if you read the book some of the text in the performance comes from.

I was worried that it would be totally pretentious postmodern nonsense, but it was done so well it worked and gave me a lot to think about.

Are you going to go and see it?

#3 glebb

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 05 November 2003 - 12:54 AM

Thanks Kate B. I have friends who were amazed at how good it was. They said the audience ate it up.

#4 Mel Johnson

Mel Johnson

Diamonds Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,311 posts

Posted 05 November 2003 - 04:19 AM

Wasn't he the King of Hawaii? :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):