This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Galina Ulanova

Guest needinghelp

hi- I'm new here and am needing some help. Does anyone know where or if I could get a copy of Galina Ulanova's performance of "The Dying Swan" before a live audience on the Ed Sullivan Show.

PLEASE HELP!!! :thumbsup:

Guest needinghelp

An acquaintance of mine said she has been to the Ed Sullivan Archive and located it there- so apparently it does exist.

I am waiting to hear back from her as to where, specifically, she found this out.

If you discover anything, let me know!

to the best of my knowledge the ed sullivan dance segments were once 'promised' for commercial release but the plan seems to have fizzled, i've not heard of it for a while now.

the museum of radio and television in nyc might well have a copy in its holdings for viewing on the premises.

i don't know of any commercial releases of the sullivan dance footage. ulanova's 'dying swan' is included on the bolshoi ballet/galina ulanova w/ giselle.

Guest needinghelp
I'm checking--I know I've seen it.....

Thanks! Let me know what you come up with...The only thing I've come up with is that the year definitely was 1959, at first we were thinking 1958, but no.

Also, I'm going to give the museum of tv and radio a call like rg suggested.

Edited by needinghelp