This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Nureyev as Florimund

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 silvy

silvy

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 24 October 2003 - 08:10 AM

I have never seen Nureyev as Florimund (except for the variation in the tape "Firestone dances"). What video would you recommend to me of him dancing the complete "Beauty"?

thanks
silvy

#2 rg

rg

Emeralds Circle

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,487 posts

Posted 24 October 2003 - 09:14 AM

if mem. serves there's only ONE. it's a 90-min. tape truncating his full prod. and perf. w/ national ballet of canada. (to be sure the cuts more or less affect dances other than nureyev's own.)
he also dances act 3 w/ lynn seymour in 'i am a dancer'

#3 tango49

tango49

• PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 24 October 2003 - 09:20 AM

Yes, the 1972 National Ballet of Canada production is the one I have. The ballerina is Veronica Tennant. Karin Kain and Frank Augustyn dance the Bluebird variation. Wonderful closeups of Nureyev dancing some solo pieces. I also enjoyed 'I Am A Dancer' but would recommend the one with Veronica Tennant. Tango

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):