• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 Pamela Moberg

Pamela Moberg

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 02 December 2003 - 03:11 PM

No, Dido, moderators do not sleep, nor do posters.
Allow me to quote an old Swedish poet - "night is not for sleep..."

#32 jimmattimore

jimmattimore

• PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 06 December 2003 - 07:09 AM

I (and my wife) came to ballet late, although we both had seen various "Nutcracers" over the years, but when I found ballet, I just worshipped these dancers. I now attend about 20 ballets a year, and would see even more. If you're a New Yorker as I am, you can buy balcony seats for $12.00 at The New York City Balletby joining The Fourth Ring Society. Bravo Ballanchine. The opening night was great, and even at 40, Darci still looks fabulous.

#33 Alexandra

Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 06 December 2003 - 08:11 AM

Welcome, Jim! There are lots of other Fourth Ringers here -- You can read what they're saying about the season, and tell us about what you're seeing, over in American Ballet Companies -- there's a New York City Ballet subforum.

New York City Ballet

#34 artist

artist

• PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 12:30 PM

Allow me to quote an old Swedish poet - "night is not for sleep..."

I hope I quoted correctly and this may be :off topic: or placed in the wrong forum, but I wanted to know more information on this Swedish poet. I can definitely relate to that quote and I have this fond liking for Sweden as do I for many countries in Europe. Anyways, any info would be of interest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):