This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

I think it's because of Ballet Alert that...

...that I have found a welcoming community of experts, other parents of dancers, pros willing to give advice.

...that I have the "inside scoop" on what's going on in the world of dance.

...that I have a place to ask questions, to celebrate, to look forward to what might be ahead for my dancing daughter.

...that my posts have access to some of the best smilies around! :flowers:

Thanks, Ballet Alert.

msd

...that I go to work refreshed, revived, organized and thinking about how, when ,where, what and why I do what I do each day. I am a very organized individual, educated in my field, but Ballet Alert inspires me to be better at my job. It allows me the priveldge of having an outlet with professionals with whom I may not always agree on the particulars however having a deep respect for the knowledge on this board and recognizing I learn so much from the communication, I always have food for thought. Ideas to perhaps get me out of my quicksand and funk!! :flowers:

Ballet Alert is an invaluable part of my day. Thank you again! I cannot say it enough.

:clapping::flowers::flowers:

BTW: it also helps to keep me a bit more conscience of typing, spelling, grammar and expressivity in my language. I know I make a lot of mistakes, but before BA I was regressing terribly in this area! :shhh:

Guest kleighfer

...has helped me as a beginning adult ballet student to learn more regarding the art form as well as broaden my horizons in other areas of art. It has given me a new appreciation for the sometimes differing opinions knowing that even when the opinions are different than mine, I can still gather information from them, quietly tucked in the back of my mind.

And, it's just plain fun!! :rolleyes:

....I have a place to write informally and conversationally, without the pressure of "publishing." Nothing is better for writing than writing. Except maybe reading.

....I have Ari to sort out the international press for me. Love those links!

....I keep in cyber contact with some of the gang from the old AOL/NYT dance chat, whose poster girl was the divine Miss Victoria Leigh.

....I have, I hope, a built-in readership for my DanceViewTimes pieces. (That means you, Ed Waffle!)

....Alexandra should be given a MacArthur grant.

I think it is because of Ballet Alert that:

Whenever I have a spare moment, I run to my computer to see if there are any new posts yet.

I no longer subscribe to Dance Magazine, but I still have all the latest in the dance world.

When I talk to my friends on AIM, I keep wondering where all the good smilies are :shrug: :clapping::flowers:

I have a very hard time resisting the urge to get back out of bed and post my latest ideas on the anatomy of whatever step(s) or concept(s) we're discussing in Teachers.

If I have a question, I can ask some of the most knowledgeable people in the dance world about it.

And finally...

I have learned more about ballet than I ever would have in any school.

I know it's because of Ballet Alert that I realize how little I know about ballet, at the same time thoroughly enjoying the process of being educated

....that I've had the privilege of meeting, both on-line and in person, some fabulous people.

Thanks, Alexandra!

Giannina

I think it's because of Ballet Alert that...I have managed to keep in touch with all my ballet pals on both sides of the world. There is always ballet alert on any computer that has an internet connection, and its like a favourite security blanket.

I think it's because of Ballet Alert that...I realise how much I love ballet.

I think it's because of Ballet Alert that...I am in a continuing quest to find adult ballet classes no matter where in the world I am.

I think it's because of Ballet Alert that...I have such lovely friends such as LolaDoggy, Beckster, Mr Robin and Skippy (but i knew her before).

I think it's because of Ballet Alert that...I know I am not alone in my ambition as an adult ballet dancer to try and do better and to become the best I can, despite not having that 'ideal ballet body..'

I have reiginited my love of ballet and my pride in loving ballet that had been dormant for a few years.

I'm also a better parent because of Ballet Alert. I know this sounds strange, considering my son will have to wait at least another year or too before starting pre-ballet, but the advice I read on the parenting thread can be applied to any parenting situation and far surpasses anything - in depth, in honesty and in sincerity - you read in the 'proper' forums. :flowers:

I think it's because of Ballet Alert that ... I have realized that The Way to really enjoy praciticing ballet is to do your best to work hard several times of week instead of going once a week just for the fun.

I think it's because of Ballet Alert that ... I still take ballet classes at all. Without the support of other adult ballet students here I might have not continued over all the frustrations, not realizing they are perfectly normal troubles...

I think it's because of Ballet Alert that ... I really appreciate the difficulties, dreams, triumphs and disappointments of pre-pro dance students and professional dancers, and respect even more the young dancers - also in my own school.

It's because of Ballet Alert! that I've been able to - help my daughter receive a much better ballet education; learn more about one of, if not the most beautiful arts; meet such a broad cross section of interesting and interested people across the world; make some of the best new pals; be able to keep up with breaking ballet news across the continents; find out about performances that I'd like; understand the nuances of different choreographers and dancers and spend waaaaaaay too much time on the Internet! :huepfen: :ermm::flowers::wub:

It's because of Ballet Alert! that I've been able to - help my daughter receive a much better ballet education; learn more about one of, if not the most beautiful arts; meet such a broad cross section of interesting and interested people across the world; make some of the best new pals; be able to keep up with breaking ballet news across the continents; find out about performances that I'd like; understand the nuances of different choreographers and dancers and spend waaaaaaay too much time on the Internet! :huepfen: :ermm::flowers::wub:

:ermm:

All I can really say is Ditto to many of the comments that precede this.

BA helps me be a better ballet parent;

It broadens my horizons and enlightens me about ballet, literature, and many other topics;

It gives me lots of perspective on the world of ballet out there;

As VRS said, it keeps me on my toes with grammar and punctuation!

It also gives my dd a place to share her passion for ballet.

Happy Birthday BA!!! :party: :huepfen: :yes:

Lost in the deep countryside without access to a live performance, BA gives me purpose of life every evening - I just love it. Thinking back, I dont really know how I could have managed without all those interesting and educating posts, sometimes posting myself when I felt there was something I could contribute.

I echo all those posters above - and I will just add that it has meant so much to my life. :flowers::toot::D :cat: :bouncing: :party:

Love the 'Toot' smilie, Pamela!

I'm glad you posted on this thread today - I'd missed it the first time round. I think it's because of BA that I've never felt strange for liking dance and ballet, despite not having any friends who like it like I do in 'real' life.

Thanks! :D:flowers::toot:

Guest petiteanise

Because of BA...

I am not cleaning my room right now

I have learned that there are complete strangers willing to help and "hear" what you have to say or just get off your chest

That despite what my teachers think Ballet doesn't always have to be so strict, rigid and zero fun. BA is the first "ballet teacher" that ever joked with me

that I spend more time on the net then I do perfecting my technique

:hyper: :bouncing:

:flowers: BA defineitly deserves a standing ovation and flowers! :D

Yes, Kate B.,

What I really tooted for here was my old flat in Tottenham Court Road, no. 35.

Walking distance of just about everything - do you really understand what I mean?

Now, if I want to attend something - major arrangements - major plans - major

undertakings. One usually ends up in front of the TV...

Such is life sometimes...

I do not really like all those hooters and tooters, but sometimes they are fun, when you really want to make a point. Here's another one: :D