This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Zakharova at the Bolshoi

Indeed Nina Ananiashvili is not gone; she still performs to great acclaim worldwide.

Perhaps you are only prepared to acknowledge the most youthful of dancers, but that doesn't alter the fact that some of the most moving performances ever given in the art of ballet have been from dancers in the autumn of their careers.

Dance is not a sport nor is it a competition and its practitioners are people deserving of the highest respect.

To strip ballet down to just an exercise in technique will ultimately destroy it.

Indeed Nina Ananiashvili is not gone; she still performs to great acclaim worldwide.

Mashenka,

I stand corrected. I wish I had seen Nina in Aspicia. This way I would have had an apportunity to compare the three Aspicias. And although this thread is devoted to Svetlana, it is always tempting to compare. Perhaps we should be kinder when we do that :-)

Akimova,

I second your opinion 100%. Why it is perfectly OK to refer to Svetlana

Aspicia as Pharaonka Light and yet consider my opinion of Alexandrova not OK?

Where is the logic? After all, I just expressed my opinion which was that I find Alexandrova a good soloist, but certainly not a prima, and most certainly not of Zakharova caliber. I also expressed my own opinion of Nina A. When I saw her she was expressive, but too old to dance the lead.

Yet, Mashinka instead of expressing her own opinion found it necessary to speak

about what I feel and think. Please don't tell us what I think. Just tell us what *you* think of a dancer. After all, we do want to discuss the subject - not each other. Kindly keep this in mind.

Since some posters refuse to understand the logic of this forum and this thread is turning into a clash of fans, I feel obliged to close it.

Dear Akimova, if you have anything constructive to say, you are most welcome to, but stop putting oil on the fire every time you come to post something. Thank you.