This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Robert Curran

What do you Aussie's think of him? He recently performed with the Houston Ballet in Sleeping Beauty as part of the "artist exchange program" between the two companies. I didn't go to the performance where he danced Florimund (I wish someone who had gone would find Ballet Talk and write a review :rolleyes: ), but I saw bits and pieces of him as one of the princes at Aurora's birthday party and in the pas de quatre of Act III. It wasn't enough for me to formulate an opinion about him, so I would like to know what you guys think.

Also, please inform us on Sara Webb in La Fille mal gardée. I'm not sure when that'll be, but I know she's going down there to dance with AB.

Robert Curran? Out of the principal male dancers of the AB, I think he's one of the best :D I find that he has a very zestful style and I haven't seen any badly performed step from him yet. I've seen him perform quite a few of the AB's repertoire, so I'm quite confident in saying that's he pretty good.

(And incidentally, Robert Curran's aunt owns a dance studio that my teacher used to hire a room from) Small world.

oh no no no.. don't get me wrong, I don't want to start any rumours! But he has been talking about it for a few years, talking about leaving and 'getting a life' if you will. He is getting a bit older, and I think the time will come soon... It will be hard replacing such an audience favourite though! Justine Summer's pointe shoes are still empty, imo. I can't wait to see her in southern lights!

Oh I see.. phew. There's been so many principal dancers in the AB coming and going these last few years, even though Steven Heathcote is at a point where he could retire, it'd be a shame to lose him, seeing as he's been there for so long. I hope he reprises his role in Swan Lake next year, along with Simone Goldsmith, they are so beautiful as dancers together.

floss, Justine Summers is coming out of retirement to dance for just one or two shows. Her toes are apparently getting very itchy again ;)

:wallbash: Now how do you guys find out about these news? I was planning on skipping any more ballets for this year because I'm broke but I don't want a repeat of the disappointment I felt when I missed out on seeing Vicki Attard one last time so I guess I'll be going to Three Musketeers.