This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Trinidad Sevillano

The current edition of the magazine Dance Europe carries an interview with Trinidad Sevillano, in which she says she has already returned to dance - working with a small contemporary group - and is hoping to do Giselle soon, with the Victor Ullate company in Madrid.

If she can really come back, after 5 years away, in whatever sort of dance, it will be wonderful - and if she comes back to ballet, that is the happiest news I've heard in a long time!

Besides her Juliet, I liked Trinidad Sevillano's Giselle with Matz Skoog with the English National Ballet. I seem to recall that she left the company because she didn't get to dance much later on in her career due to some disagreement with her artistic director Peter Schaufuss.

Quick. Name three dancers who *didn't* have a disagreement with Peter Schaufuss smile.gif

Sevillano went to Boston Ballet from London Festival and then was supposed to do a few performances with the Royal, I believe, and then I lost track of her.