• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jane Simpson

Jane Simpson

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 03 May 2000 - 07:34 AM

The current edition of the magazine Dance Europe carries an interview with Trinidad Sevillano, in which she says she has already returned to dance - working with a small contemporary group - and is hoping to do Giselle soon, with the Victor Ullate company in Madrid.

If she can really come back, after 5 years away, in whatever sort of dance, it will be wonderful - and if she comes back to ballet, that is the happiest news I've heard in a long time!

#2 Alexandra

Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,248 posts

Posted 03 May 2000 - 12:57 PM

It is good news, Jane. Thanks for posting it. I loved her Juliet in the Ashton version. She's one of the most musical ballerinas I've ever seen.

#3 Kevin Ng

Kevin Ng

Bronze Circle

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 05 May 2000 - 09:27 AM

Besides her Juliet, I liked Trinidad Sevillano's Giselle with Matz Skoog with the English National Ballet. I seem to recall that she left the company because she didn't get to dance much later on in her career due to some disagreement with her artistic director Peter Schaufuss.

#4 Alexandra

Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,248 posts

Posted 05 May 2000 - 10:19 AM

Quick. Name three dancers who *didn't* have a disagreement with Peter Schaufuss Posted Image

Sevillano went to Boston Ballet from London Festival and then was supposed to do a few performances with the Royal, I believe, and then I lost track of her.

#5 Mme. Hermine

Mme. Hermine

Emeralds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,736 posts

Posted 09 May 2000 - 09:50 AM

if memory serves me correctly trinidad did ondine with the royal ballet. maybe a british contributor can confirm this?

#6 Jane Simpson

Jane Simpson

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 09 May 2000 - 02:37 PM

We wish!! Actually she did Chloe, very well too - but it was not long after that that she gave up dancing for a long time. I would have *loved* to have seen her join the Royal Ballet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):