This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

MET season

Yeah, God forbid Kevin should cast dancers who actually have a clue what they're doing out of deference to his much, much richer competition.

Actually, you've hit the nail a glancing blow, I think. In this Napoleonic Business Climate, where the ethos is not, "take no prisoners", but "the hell with prisoners, take over the whole thing!" ABT could be facing a situation which Joffrey was having regularly to fend off - the idea that his company should be annexed by ABT, making it sort of an "American Wing" of the older, larger company. The older company, could, conceivably, be annexed by the economic juggernaut of NYCB! I wonder if the board members of ABT have sufficient fortitude to withstand the proffer of a "buyout" to become the "touring wing" of City Ballet?

GOT MY BROCHURE!! :wink:

May 10th to July 3rd

Full-lengths:

Swan Lake

Raymonda

Romeo and Juliet

Don Quixote

Coppelia

La Bayadere

And they have two repertory programs--one Contemporary meets the Classic (Pillar of Fire and Within you without you), and the other is A Tribute to Balanchine (Theme and Variations, Tchaikovsky pdd, Mozartiana, Ballet Imperial).

Looks like they're aiming to please everyone!

p.s. Looks like they are casting Wiles and Hallberg in a number of principal parts--I especially notcied they are doing Swan Lake together.

~*~Carmen~*~