This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Casting for Sleeping Beauty

September 18

Princess Aurora Mireille Hassenboehler

Prince Florimund Simon Ball

The Lilac Fairy Julie Gumbinner

Carabosse Lauren Anderson

September 20

Princess Aurora Barbara Bears

Prince Florimund Dominic Walsh

The Lilac Fairy Lauren Anderson

Carabosse Tyann Clement

September 21

Princess Aurora Sara Webb

Prince Florimund Zdenek Konvalina

September 26

Princess Aurora Sara Webb

Prince Florimund Zdenek Konvalina

The Lilac Fairy Mirelle Hassenboehler

September 27 (mat)

Princess Aurora Barbara Bears

Prince Florimund Dominic Walsh

The Lilac Fairy Lauren Anderson

Carabosse Tyann Clement

September 27 (eve)

Princess Aurora Julie Gumbinner

Prince Florimund Robert Curran

The Lilac Fairy Mireille Hassenboehler

September 28

Princess Aurora Mireille Hassenboehler

Prince Florimund Simon Ball

I will be seeing Sleeping Beauty this Saturday featuring Barbara Bears. Anyone else going?

vrsfanatic, thought you might like to know that Bridgett Zehr appeared in Forsythe's "In the middle....." in the first cast! I saw her name in the program the night I went, but couldn't find anything else about her in there... no bio. I guess if she's new, then that explains it. Where did she come from?

vrsfanatic, thought you might like to know that Bridgett Zehr appeared in Forsythe's "In the middle....." in the first cast!  I saw her name in the program the night I went, but couldn't find anything else about her in there... no bio.  I guess if she's new, then that explains it.  Where did she come from?

Yeah, she was apart of the cast I saw, too, although I don't remember much of her. An inside source tells me she's from Florida. I was also told she'll be dancing in SB as one of the Lilac Fairy's assistants.

It must be interesting for Lauren Anderson to dance both the Lilac Fairy and Carabosse. Is Carabosse a dancing role in Houston's production?

Hans, in the Houston Chronicle's review, this was said about the role of Carabosse:

In some versions of Beauty, Carabosse is a hag. In Stevenson's she's a wickedly beautiful ballerina. Lauren Anderson, having a ball, made her as sharp as that deadly spindle.

Alas, no rush tickets available for tonight's performance. :ermm: The only other performance with Bears as Aurora is next Saturday's matinee; I'm crossing my fingers they'll have some then, but I have a feeling it's going to be bought out mostly by parents taking their children. However, I did get the chance to pass by the theater today and watch a few dancers on their way to rehearsal. It's always disappointing to see one puffing away on a cig, though. :o (I hope that's not considered gossip...no name will ever be mention; I'm just concerned about the welfare of some people.)