This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Corella,Tuttle,Cojocaru,Kobborg at City Center

Hi,

Corella/Tuttle and Cojocaru/Kobborg are among the ballet dancers scheduled to perform at City Center in the "Career Transitions for Dancers" Benefit on 10/27. I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place but I haven't seen mention of this elsewhere on the site and I thought some of the NY based members would be interested. It's a gala benefit, so the good seats are really expensive but the seats in the rear mezanine - rear gallery go for $45 - $20.

Here are the details from the City Cener site http://www.citycenter.org/events/event_det...vent_code=CTD04

Movado presents

Career Transitions for Dancers'

9th Annual Gala

Gotta Dance – A Dance Tribute to Hollywood

Directed by Randy Skinner

Career Transition for Dancers' 9th Annual Gala, "A Dance Tribute to Hollywood," will honor and pay tribute to

many of the films and stars that provided those glorious moments of dance on the silver screen from such films as

“Singin’ in the Rain,” “The Red Shoes,” “Seven Brides for Seven Brothers,” West Side Story,” “Sweet Charity,”

“Saturday Night Fever,” “The Turning Point” and stars such as the Nicholas Brothers, Fred & Ginger and Gene

Kelly. .

Career Transitions for Dancers' honorees for the evening will be

- Cyd Charisse

- Fayard Nicholas

- Donald O’Connor

- Turner Entertainment Co.

The Gala will be dedicated in memory of Caroline H. Newhouse

Dancers from American Ballet Theatre (Angel Corella & Ashley Tuttle), Les Ballets Grandiva, Lar Lubovitch Dance Company, New York City Ballet, National Dance Institute, The Royal Ballet’s Alina Cojocaru & Johan Kobborg and others will perform.

Some of the hosts and performers for the dance event of the year are Leslie Browne, George Chakiris, Marge Champion, Cyd Charisse, Arlene Dahl, Jacques d’Amboise, David Elder, Karen Lynn Gorney, Cynthia Gregory,Maurice Hines, Mary Tyler Moore, Bebe Neuwirth, Fayard Nicholas, Marni Nixon, Donald O’Connor, Robert Osborne, Elizabeth Parkinson, Rosie Perez, Jane Powell, Lynn Redgrave, Ann Reinking, Chita Rivera, Donald Saddler, Russ Tamblyn, Esther Williams, the Williams Brothers and others. The Gala will feature some World Premieres that are especially created for the show.