This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Season 2003-2004, some news...

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 CDM

CDM

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 October 2003 - 06:22 AM

Jasper,

Thanks so very much for the kind words. She is much more natural at the classical than the modern although she enjoys both.

She and Marijn Rademaker are off to Holland today to perform the balcony scene from R&J at a gala there this Wednesday.

We are hoping to get to Germany to see the Stuttgart perform Giselle in February.

Thanks again...Doug.

#17 Jasper

Jasper

• PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 October 2003 - 07:41 AM

Glad to hear she gets the chance to perform this wonderful pdd at a gala!
To me she looks perfectly at home in the classical pieces - a natural way of dancing one doesn't see that often since ballet is not natural at all.
Good luck for your travel plans!

#18 CDM

CDM

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 October 2003 - 08:28 AM

Jasper,

You must have a good eye...that is almost exactly what Semenov and Kolpakova said about her when she was about eight or nine years old. What they saw, of course, were the physical, mental, and artistic tools that the Russians look for when searching for potential. She was otherwise not unlike any other little girl in her age group. She has been very fortunate in many ways...but enough from a proud dad.

Thanks again for your kind words.

Regards...Doug.

Edited by CDM, 07 October 2003 - 08:56 AM.

#19 Reinhard

Reinhard

• PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 08 October 2003 - 07:04 AM

Doug, have you already spoken with your daughter about the performances in Cairo?
The Stuttgart newspaper only told about outer circumstances but not really about dancing. They said that the 2nd night would have been more successful than the first. They danced contemporary pieces only.
Will Giselle be the first time you are able to see your 'dd' live on stage? It must be exciting and i can imagine that a dad must be very proud.

Greetings

#20 CDM

CDM

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 October 2003 - 07:50 AM

Reinhard,

Have spoken only briefly with her since they returned from Cairo. She and Marijn Rademaker went to Holland for a gala the day following their return from Cairo. The main point of our discussion was their health given that they had picked up some sort of upsets while on the road. Have been unable to reach her since they arrived in Holland so am crossing my fingers and trusting in good news yet to come.

We saw her many times in performances when she was a young student at the Kirov Academy in Wash DC and we saw her perform with the Stuttgart Ballet when they toured the U.S. last year.

We look forward with great anticipation to returning to Stuttgart (I visited once while she was in the Cranko School) to see her and all the other wonderful men and women of the Stuttgart Ballet.

Will pass on any info I am able to shake out of her regarding Cairo but she is very brief in her descriptions of performances....her self-evaluations usually range from "ok" to "good" to "terrible" etc....you get the idea. Her "terribles" look to the biased and untrained eye to be pretty good.

Thanks for the communications from Germany...Doug.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):