3 replies to this topic

#1 Alexandra

Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,234 posts

Posted 09 September 2003 - 08:56 AM

Ari posted this on Links, but I thought it might spark discussion.

When the Joffrey Ballet performs Ashton's A Wedding Bouquet this winter, the narrator will be Malcolm McDowell.

I was a McDowell fan when I was in college -- Clockwork Orange, and a few other movies whose titles I now forget! I think this could be very, very interesting -- there was an edge to McDowell (at least in his screen persona) which could be perfect for reading Stein, and give a different coloration to the ballet.

I'd count this as a coup -- wish I could see it.

#2 Ari

Ari

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 09 September 2003 - 10:11 AM

Well, Alexandra, the Joffrey will be performing at Lincoln Center during the Ashton Festival. I don't know what they're bringing, but we can always keep our fingers crossed.

#3 rg

rg

Emeralds Circle

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

Posted 09 September 2003 - 02:07 PM

word around the recent linc.cent.fest. was that the joffrey's contributions to linc.cent.fest. ashton programming in '04 would be: monotones 1 & 2, patineurs, and wedding bouquet.

#4 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 09 September 2003 - 10:28 PM

Alexandra, in a recent (1-2 years ago) tv interview, McDowell seemed to reveal an edgy private persona, as well, though at this point with smoothed rough spots and slight patina that come with maturity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):