This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Malcolm McDowell to narrate Wedding Bouquet

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,287 posts

Posted 09 September 2003 - 08:56 AM

Ari posted this on Links, but I thought it might spark discussion.

When the Joffrey Ballet performs Ashton's A Wedding Bouquet this winter, the narrator will be Malcolm McDowell.

I was a McDowell fan when I was in college -- Clockwork Orange, and a few other movies whose titles I now forget! I think this could be very, very interesting -- there was an edge to McDowell (at least in his screen persona) which could be perfect for reading Stein, and give a different coloration to the ballet.

I'd count this as a coup -- wish I could see it.

#2 Ari

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 09 September 2003 - 10:11 AM

Well, Alexandra, the Joffrey will be performing at Lincoln Center during the Ashton Festival. I don't know what they're bringing, but we can always keep our fingers crossed.

#3 rg

Emeralds Circle

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,492 posts

Posted 09 September 2003 - 02:07 PM

word around the recent linc.cent.fest. was that the joffrey's contributions to linc.cent.fest. ashton programming in '04 would be: monotones 1 & 2, patineurs, and wedding bouquet.

#4 carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 09 September 2003 - 10:28 PM

Alexandra, in a recent (1-2 years ago) tv interview, McDowell seemed to reveal an edgy private persona, as well, though at this point with smoothed rough spots and slight patina that come with maturity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):