This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

2003-2004 official schedule

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 Jack Reed

Jack Reed

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 04 September 2003 - 01:19 PM

If mere anticipation isn't enough fun, here's a promo video clip: Go to http://www.calpolyar...ms.asp#Event659, scroll about 40% of the way down the page until you spot two of Farrell's dancers (Jennifer Chipman and Kirsten Bloom in "Movements for Piano and Orchestra" in Paul Kolnik's photo), and then click on the video link at the left. It runs about 10 or 15 seconds at most.

This would be a nice souvenir, but a Mac expert I know tried to save it and could not, so it may be available only at the website and until the performance. If others have better luck saving this, let's hear about it, and about how you did it!

[Edited on Sep 6, 2003 to correct the anchor, among other things. (The link now works.) Apologies to readers of my previous hasty, sloppy post, and thanks to BW for getting my attention about it!]

#17 BW

BW

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 04 September 2003 - 03:44 PM

Jack, copy or no copy - it didn't work for me. :ermm: Any chance you might try again?

#18 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,932 posts

Posted 04 September 2003 - 03:54 PM

I'm inclined to agree with kfw, there can be too much of a good thing. I do tend to find programs that are top-heavy with pas de deux, even terrific pas de deux, a little overwhelming. Let us hope Miss F. proves me wrong on this occasion. :ermm:

#19 Jack Reed

Jack Reed

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 12 September 2003 - 06:05 AM

BW (and anyone else), would you like to have another look at my post above? It's now more like what it should have been in the first place, and in the meantime I've been able to identify the two dancers as well. In other words, I think it's up to regular BA standards!

#20 PK

PK

• PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 20 September 2003 - 03:45 PM

I may possibly have some extra tickets for Princeton,NJ on October 5th.

#21 BW

BW

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 20 September 2003 - 03:59 PM

Thanks Jack, it's nice to see the clip :ermm: - and that's the closest I've come to seeing Apollo, yet. :rolleyes:

#22 fendrock

fendrock

• PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 21 September 2003 - 07:01 AM

Shannon Parsley (who could forget a name like that) is in the Boston Ballet corps (or, at least she was last season).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):