This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Fantastic SFB dancers!

A few weeks ago, I had the pleasure of watching 2 SFB dancers at the Gala of International Ballet Stars here in Ohio. Kristin Long and Joan Boada performed "Le Corsaire" pas de deux, and I can honestly say that the audience was spellbound. Having never had the opportunity to see any dancers from this company, I envy those of you that are lucky enough to see them on a regular basis. Joan Boada seemed to defy gravity with his leaps, and Kristin Long had us all mesmerized with her fouettes and turns. They got a well-deserved standing ovation!

Having moved to the west coast in the past year, it has been a real pleasure to watch the dancers of the SFB. The men are so amazing. There are so many great guys here. I think that Joan Broada's performance in Don Quixote was a real peak performance of the year. The principal women are also amazing. Kristin is the spark plug of the group, I think. She is the jumpy turny one. They each have their own special abilities and are each outstanding. I love Julie Diana's gracefulness and gorgeous smile. Lorena Feijoo is amazing in many roles--she was an absolutely amazing Kitrie. I have never seen anyone do turns like she did--triple fouettes while opening and closing a fan!! Yuan Yuan Tan has great extensions and placements. Muriel Maffree's long limbs look gorgeous in many numbers. I look forward to seeing Tina LeBlanc this season. She was off on maternity leave last year. But the men steal the show most nights. They are without a doubt the most talented group of male dancers in the country. I can't wait for the season to start again.

There are three extremely positive reviews today on the Links section of the board. They praise not only Christopher Wheeldon but the dancers of the San Francisco Ballet! :) :yes:

Wouldn't it be something to have an opportunity to bring all the best ballet companies of the world together somewhere for a week, in order to see them all perform?