This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

"Dancers Concertantes" have appeared in Stockholm.

I missed half of the program on the radio, but I gathered the following at least.

The NYCB dancers headed by Benjamin Millepied danced Apollo and Triple Quartet in Stockholm the other day. The speaker especially praised Megan Fairchild saying she was absolutely wonderful.

Thanks, Pamela. Susanne saw this and posted about it on a thread Manhattnik started on Anything Goes asking "Where are our Russian Correspondents." It started out to be about NYCB in St. Petersburg, but also mentioned the Danses Concertantes group -- sorry you couldn't get to see them!

Susanne's translation of the Dagens Nyheter article is in the Anything Goes thread, and I found it very interesting - if only because without knowing anything about the writer (the author's name was omitted) I felt like I could tell pretty clearly his/her taste in ballet. My guess, it runs toward more contemporary works and Forsythe - and my other guess is that's formed by what's playing at the Opera House in Stockholm. No surprises there, but it's always interesting to see in action.

A UC prof just back in Berkeley told me he'd seen this program -- free in the park -- and been enchanted, the high point of his travels. he'd spent lots of money on tickets to performances that were not as exciitng and satisfying as this one. The dacners were exact and buoyant, it sounds. He thought it was a wonderful evenng.