This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Larissa Lezhnina

silvy

I saw her dance live today for the first time! I can die happy now.. :wub:

It was a performance of Don Quixote, she made a really lovely and cute Kitri. I waited at the stage door after the performance, after an hour and 15 minutes (I was the last one there, all the others had given up!) she came out and I asked her autograph, she was so sweet! And apart from some wobbles in the pas de deux, the dancing was excellent.

And her smile.. :wub:

I saw her early in her career with the (then) Kirov. I loved her. In my eyes, she was a real exemplar of everything great and enchanting about the Kirov/Mariinsky tradition. I especially remember a beautiful Aurora in Washington D.C. Very sorry not to have experienced the later stages of her career. Wishing her joy always!

The Dutch National Ballet has made a little video of Lezhnina highlights.

What a wonderful video. I know Lezhnina best from her recordings with the Kirov -- Sleeping Beauty, Swan Lake, Nutcracker. She has been one of my favorite dancers since I was a little girl.

I went to the program yesterday. It was the first (and last) time I saw Lezhnina. She danced the raymonda pas de dix and a modern piece from Hans van Manen The old man and me. She was amazing! At the end of the performance she got many flowers (which normally doesn't really happen in DNB), you could only she her head, while she was holding the flowers. It was a lovely performance, and I am very happy I got the chance to see Lezhnina