This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

I wonder what videos of ABT are currently available commercially, particularly those of performances from 1980 and before.

If anyone is able to provide such information, or knows where I could find such a list, I would appreciate his / her response!!!!!!!

thanks heaps!!!!

silvy

this i'm sure isn't available now, but i recall seeing it on tv when it was on, and then somwhere where it had been rented on film (back when they had to DO that!:D)

American Ballet Theatre A Close-Up In Time

Telecast on October 8, 1973 by WNET/13-TV, New York.

Members of American Ballet Theatre are seen in rehearsal, in class, backstage, and in performance. Includes commentary by Agnes de Mille, Antony Tudor, Lucia Chase, and others.

Les sylphides (excerpts) / choreography, Mikhail Fokin ; music, Frédéric Chopin ; scenery, Alexandre Benois ; danced by Karena Brock, Ellen Everett, Christine Sarry, John Prinz and corps de ballet.

Rodeo: Scene one / choreography, Agnes de Mille ; music, Aaron Copland ; sets, Oliver Smith ; costumes, Kermit Love ; danced by Christine Sarry, Terry Orr, Marcos Paredes, and company.

Pillar of fire (complete ballet) / choreography, Antony Tudor ; music, Arnold Schönberg ; scenery and costumes, Jo Mielziner ; cast, Sallie Wilson (Hagar), Ellen Everett (Youngest sister), Bonnie Mathis (Oldest sister), Marcos Paredes (Young man from the house opposite), Gayle Young (Friend), and company.

Swan lake: Black swan pas de deux / choreography, David Blair ; music, Peter Tchaikovsky ; sets, Oliver Smith ; costumes, Freddy Wittop ; Performed by Cynthia Gregory and Ted Kivitt.

The river: Lake / choreography, Alvin Ailey ; music, Duke Ellington ; costumes, Frank Thompson ; danced by Cynthia Gregory, Marcos Paredes, and company.

Etudes: Tarantella / choreography, Harald Lander ; music, Knudage Riisager ; sets and costumes, Rolf Gerard ; danced by Eleanor D'Antuono, Ted Kivitt, Ivan Nagy, and company.

Thanks everybody!!!

Gianninna, I do know that clicking on amazon.com thru the ballettalk banner helps ballet.alert, but I have noticed that amazon's prices are rather on the high side. Plus they charge about USD 7.- for shipment to Uruguay.

Anyway, I always look at amazon first to compare, because I want to help ballet.alert!!!!!!!

silvy