This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Which dead choreographer are you?

Very clever! I am a pathetic choreographer. Only do it out of need! But I turned out to be Petipa, which was a little surprising. Fun to explore, but I'll stay with teaching and occasionally "crafting" something when I have to!

Carbro, I'm so glad you pointed that out about the composer/choreographer connection, because it happened to me too, and it now makes sense! (Every project I undertook in completing the college dance major was one in which I tackled the whole picture -- choreographing, composing, scripting, costuming, artwork, -- I tend to focus on the 'whole forest' when putting something together). Anyway, that was very astute of you, and perhaps the results of these two quizzes are best viewed together.

A little more detail, please?

"Hideously"

Was there a dead choreographer that didn't apply to?

~ Amy [MacMillan]

From our point of view, no. But the choreographers might have had varying opinions--some opimistic, some pessimistic. And the damage does seem to be worse at some companies than others.

He would have grumbled a lot -- you should read him on Wagner; he hated him, but he produced his operas and produced them well -- but he'd have done a nice "Baiser". :lol: Some of the most interesting sounding Bournonville ballets were tossed. One was "The Mandarin's Daughters," with the dancers dressed as Chinese chess pieces, dancing on a chess board. It wasn't a narrative, demicaractere ballet. I could imagine that to early Stravinsky. Now, "Symphony in 3 Movements"? I somehow can't quite imagine it :P

I would never have the patience to think up of a quiz like this! But I'm grateful you ended up making it, Hans. :lol: As for choreographer I was Petipa, and on that separate composer quiz I was, of course, Tchaikovsky. :P Vunderbar! :grinning: :cool2:

As Shostakovich I'm nervous, fidgety and stuttery, among other less than dynamic discriptions. Not very complimentary, tho I like his music. However, maybe that test is more sensitive than we imagine because I'm all of the above what with my daughter in labor NOW!! I'll take comfort in my Ashton outcome in the dead choreographers catagory.

Giannina