This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

I've just come across an old (1949) brochure from a foreign film house in NYC at the time called the Apollo on 42nd and Broadway, advertising two ballet-related films. One is called "Secrets of a Ballerina", starring Pierre Blanchar and Micheline Presle, and says the story is by Balzac. In French, English titles. The other is called "Life and Loves of Tchaikovsky", doesn't list stars, shows a picture of a ballerina in the advertisement and another of awoman with a mask on her face and a man looking upset (Tchaikovsky, presumably). I know I can do research on these, but has anyone ever heard of them?

I wish I could answer something concrete to your question. The Apollo Theater on 42nd Street was my introduction to ballet, via two Warner Bros. films of the Ballet Russe productions of 'Gaite Parisienne' and 'Capriccio Espanol'. I can't recall the two films you mentioned, but I did like Micheline Presle--who later went on to a Hollywood career.