This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Pacifica Choreographic Project

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 BalletFlaMom

BalletFlaMom

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 04:57 PM

Wasn't quite sure where to post this - so, of course, please feel free to relocate if necessary.

I was just wondering if anyone either saw this performance (7/26 at Irvine Barclay Theatre) and would share their "reivew" or had a link to any review. I have a friend who was one of the choreographers and another who was one of the dancers! :lol:

Thanx!

#2 OCBalletMom

OCBalletMom

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 05:28 PM

There's a section on this site that has ballet reviews, if you don't find what you are looking for there, try www.ocregister.com, go to "show" and then perform a search for pacifica.

The Orange County Register is our local paper and does a pretty good job of covering local arts. I did a quick search on their web site and found a story on the Pacific Choreography Project but I think you'll have to register at their site to be able to read it.

Every year, I plan to attend the Pacifica Choreography Project program, but every year it seems that something comes up. Next year!

#3 Alexandra

Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,271 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 05:38 PM

I don't think anyone has reported on this yet, but we can consider this a call for reviews :lol: Did anyone go? It's a new choreographers' showcase and it would be interesting to read the results.

#4 NextStage

NextStage

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 09:04 PM

Sorry I can't report, as I didn't attend.

The Pacifica Choreographic Project performance was during the same time as ABT's engagement at OCPAC, so perhaps that was a factor in (non?) attendance. I hope it was successful, considering...

#5 socalgal

socalgal

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 10:17 PM

Yes, unfortunately ABT was playing at the same time. There was only one night of performance of this special concert and that was Saturday night I believe. I was very sorry to miss it. Ballet Pacifica brought in some wonderful choreographers this year. I did not catch a review either. Was there one somewhere?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):