This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Good videos?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 balletstar811

balletstar811

• PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 26 July 2003 - 08:17 PM

It seems to me like the most recent performances only are released on dvd or vhs in the European PAL format, which cannot be played here in the US. I am having trouble finding any good videos in the US format that are recent! All the ones they sell are really old!! Any suggestions?

#2 Giannina

Giannina

Gold Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 26 July 2003 - 10:09 PM

The best place to find what's available is at amazon.com. Enter there through the upper right hand corner of this page; a portion of what you spend (you WILL buy, won't you?) will go to support Ballet Alert.

Giannina

#3 balletstar811

balletstar811

• PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 27 July 2003 - 07:13 AM

I have gone to amazon many times, and all I have come up with is a recent version of Swan Lake and Giselle.

#4 Giannina

Giannina

Gold Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 27 July 2003 - 09:58 AM

Oh.

Giannina

#5 Tracey

Tracey

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 July 2003 - 07:31 AM

Balletstar, try clicking here:

Amazon VHS & DVD

If it doesn't work, click on the Amazon link at the top, type in Ballet in the search box, and then choose DVD or VHS. I came up with 523 ballet videos/DVDs :wub:

Tracey

#6 Nora

Nora

• PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 11:30 AM

Balletstar -- Also try www.kultur.com.

#7 piccolo

piccolo

• PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 03:13 PM

http://www.dancehorizons.com/

This is a great site -- they are always updating their dance books & video lists.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):