This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Good videos?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 balletstar811

balletstar811

• PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 26 July 2003 - 08:17 PM

It seems to me like the most recent performances only are released on dvd or vhs in the European PAL format, which cannot be played here in the US. I am having trouble finding any good videos in the US format that are recent! All the ones they sell are really old!! Any suggestions?

#2 Giannina

Giannina

Gold Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 26 July 2003 - 10:09 PM

The best place to find what's available is at amazon.com. Enter there through the upper right hand corner of this page; a portion of what you spend (you WILL buy, won't you?) will go to support Ballet Alert.

Giannina

#3 balletstar811

balletstar811

• PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 27 July 2003 - 07:13 AM

I have gone to amazon many times, and all I have come up with is a recent version of Swan Lake and Giselle.

#4 Giannina

Giannina

Gold Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 27 July 2003 - 09:58 AM

Oh.

Giannina

#5 Tracey

Tracey

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 July 2003 - 07:31 AM

Balletstar, try clicking here:

Amazon VHS & DVD

If it doesn't work, click on the Amazon link at the top, type in Ballet in the search box, and then choose DVD or VHS. I came up with 523 ballet videos/DVDs :wub:

Tracey

#6 Nora

Nora

• PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 11:30 AM

Balletstar -- Also try www.kultur.com.

#7 piccolo

piccolo

• PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 03:13 PM

http://www.dancehorizons.com/

This is a great site -- they are always updating their dance books & video lists.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):